The fact is, 90% of consumers read online reviews before contacting or visiting a business. And 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Positive reviews help build a strong reputation for your company and your brand, and it’s important to have an effective customer review strategy. The most successful contractors build a positive reputation on review sites like Google and Facebook, and then share positive reviews on their websites and social media accounts.
Keys to an effective review strategy include:
- Delivering a great customer experience in every interaction a consumer has with you
- Encourage those consumers to share their experiences in the form of referrals and reviews on your website, Google, or your social media accounts
- Promote your best reviews consistently on social media and your website and you’ll start to reap the benefits
Remember, delivering a great customer experience that boosts your online reputation can’t happen if your business doesn’t surface in local search results, or if your online information is wrong. Make sure your phone number, address and product information is correct on Google and on your website or your potential customers will be frustrated and unlikely to return.
Negative reviews happen as well, and the most important thing is to learn from them to improve your customer service for the future. Here are some ideas on how to handle a negative review:
- Respond promptly
- Admit your mistakes but also correct any inaccuracies that might be in the review
- Highlight your strengths as a company
- Respond to the customer offline and if warranted, provide restitution
- Ask your loyal and delighted customers to share their positive experiences with your team
Many things influence consumer behavior, but few are more powerful than real reviews from real customers. They are crucial to building a positive reputation and growing your business!
For more information, read this article on reputation management and check out this infographic.