The new Caleffi Zone Valve Panels offer more control over any hydronic system than ever before. But with the updated control, some clarification may be needed for what each Terminal does. Here are some instructions to help clarify the new system:
AUX Terminal – Closes when in ANY Demand Call.
X X Terminal - Closes for Heat Demand.
Zone 1 (E/S) Terminal – Closes for Priority call, commonly used for a DHW Priority.
Thermostat Connections – R is 24 VAC, W is Heat Call, C is Common side of 24 VAC. A heat demand is made by closing R to W. 24VAC is always present between R and C.
Priority ON / OFF Switch – When Switch is ON, zone 1 will operate as priority and all other zones will be switched off (One-hour time-out). When Switch is OFF, any zone can call for heat with no priority.
D P Ground Terminals – Wired from Master to each Slave zone board used.
Master / Slave Switch – Allows for expansion of more zone control boards. If a single board is used, Switch should be set to Master.
Pump Exercise ON / OFF Switch – When switch is in the On Position, control will cycle each pump that has been off for 72 hours on for 30 seconds.
AUX ON / OFF During Priority – When switch is in the ON Position, control with close contact during any call for heat. When switch is in the OFF position, control will only close contact during a non-Priority call.
- System Pump: Runs when any zone calls for heat. This can be turned ON or OFF for priority condition depending on jumper position on above terminals.
- Sec Pump: Runs when any zone calls for heat. This can be turned ON or OFF for priority condition depending on jumper position on above terminals.
- Zone 1 Pump: Runs when zone one calls for heat and zone 1 end switch has closed. When using only a pump for Zone 1 Priority, a jumper must be installed on zone 1 end switch terminals.
Zone Valve Connections: (see common wiring below)
- Motor: 24 VAC to power the zone valve motor.
- End Switch: Connects to end switch on zone valve. If using a 2 wire zone valve jumper must be installed.
The complete wiring guide can be found here. Contact the experts at B-Y with any questions!
Are you a homeowner or own a commercial property? Check out mybryantdealer.com to find a Bryant dealer near you!